I took Ethan in for his pre-operative tests yesterday. He had an elevated white blood cell count. There are several reasons this could be, including the astronomical pollen count, the allergy shot he got that morning, or the fact that he was crying. We have to take him to the pediatrician tomorrow to have his lungs checked. If he has any sign of an infection, they will scrub the surgery and we will have to get in the queue again.
I am feeling anxious about the surgery, but mostly I am OK. I can tell I am stressed though because I am snapping at people more and swearing like a sailor. This too will pass. At this point I just hope the surgery is not cancelled.
We will just have to wait.